Sometimes life puts a spell of illness, financial struggle, isolation and even depression on too many of us. It truly tests our patience. And despite still being in the mist of its curse, we can be proud of our achievements. We learn that we are strong. That we are resilient. That we are capable of way more than we ever knew to be.
Without further due, let me officially wish you a Happy New Year! May it be filled with abundance, health, prosperity, love and joy. I am at once hopeful and thrilled that this New Year will be grand.
Sure you put LOTS of time toward practicing and singing but do you make the best of it? Does singing more helps or worsens your skills? Does it leave you more motivated or frustrated to sing? Are you nervous about performing for a live audience?
There is an opportunity to centre your attention inward and identify how to move forward in the direction of your dreams. And that is VERY exciting!
The New Year resolution angle is purely coincidental as any day is the perfect timing to experience the magic of who you are. Take that singing talent of yours and expand it in all of its brightest possibilities.
If you're worried about making plans that you can't keep, you're absolutely RIGHT. According to Finder.dom close to 75% of Americans make New Year resolutions. Meanwhile, BusinessInsider.com explains that “a study conducted by researchers at the University of Scranton found that 23% of people quit their resolution after just one week. And only 19% of individuals are actually able to stick to their goals long term (two years, in the case of the study).”
That means that you have less than 2 chances out of 10 to keep your resolutions.
But what makes me sad, is that if you don't commit to taking specific actions to further your singing in 2021, you will continue to struggle vocally and suffer from stagnation. Your recordings will disappoint. Sharing your work on social media won't attract the engagement you hoped for. You will perform less and less. You won't be ready when opportunity knocks. Your light is gonna turn to dark...
It's not too late. There is no better time than now to make singing resolutions. While the music business is still on pause, reinvesting your extra time towards something productive and making lifestyles changes will serve you once we restart.
The best part is that many of the changes you can take, whether directly related to singing or not, will also benefit your entire well-being. For example:
1) Take Singing Lessons: Finally understand your vocal instrument and boost your confidence to the roof! Develop an impressive repertoire. Impress with your beautiful voice and moving performance! You will live a happier life doing what you love and even possibly earn some income out of it. How cool is that?
2) Change Your Eating Habits: Since your body is your instrument, what you put in it matters. Do you wanna learn tons of new songs in 2021? Do you want more energy, better brain function and just generally feel in better spirits? Wonderful! Consider cutting out sugar, go gluten-free or try intermittent fasting. A healthy diet promotes a stronger immune system; bye bye allergies, common cold, flu and Covid-19! Hello vocal health and soulful singing!
3) Exercise: Breath is life! It powers singing. So get active to improve your lung function, strengthen your core, hold notes longer, adequately support your voice and increase your overall stamina.
4) Increase Your Practice Time: Knowing and doing are two. The only way to improve singing is to practice. Spend more time on your own experimenting with your voice. Take your calendar right now. Decide what days and times of the week you will dedicate yourself to practicing! Make your decision public. Tell your family so they respect your alone time but also a close friend or band mate so that they hold you accountable. Commit and stick to it!
5) Perform: Avoid losing touch with performing by doing it online more frequently. It's been awesome to see so many of you put yourself out there on Smule, StarMaker, YouTube, etc... Continue posting your songs in the group to seek feedback. Please clearly indicate your vocal concerns so that we can offer specific advice. A few of my clients LOVE live streaming. Although live streams are not allowed in this group per se (our purpose is educational and not promotional), I do encourage you to go still. You already know of Facebook Live and Instagram but have you tried Twitch, StreetJelly or Sessions? Can you recommend any other live streaming platforms for musicians?
All these initiatives will keep you growing. I don't talk fireworks to a rainy night. Transform into the compelling vocalist that you always imagined yourself to be. If I'm telling you this, it's because I believe that you have it in you to make 2021 the best year ever for your singing! Fill your sky with the promise of an exciting vocal experience. Kickstart the New Year with a bang and give yourself an AMAZING reason to celebrate...
No one else can make it happen but you.
I have been teaching singing for over 15 years. I am REALLY good at what I do. EXTREMELY good The proof is in the reviews... Check out my last 5 star Google ratings!
If you think that you can do it on your own, it's fine. You may eventually get there but think of the energy, time and opportunities you will miss in the process...
On the other hand, if you sign up for singing lessons together, you could achieve vocal freedom in about 2 months! Imagine how developing your vocal technique, interpretation and overall talent would benefit your career...
There is a voice in you that can't wait to be heard. A star that can't wait to be seen. Claim your power today. Get what you need to shine... Add some colours and excitement to your voice. Let your talent explode! Look up high and sparkle because the sky is the limit! Express yourself. VOICE yourself!
If you want to discuss how we can work together to increase your range, projection, stamina and musicality, I'd be happy to help. Book your FREE phone consultation here:
The real fun starts now. Hang on tight; it's gonna be an incredible ride!